ONLINE DRUMMING CIRCLE REGISTRATION PAGE
Next Online Drumming Circle: Date to be announced
At this time, our ZOOM Drumming Circles are by donation (free for those who can't afford it - no one will be turned away for financial reasons).
Your donation is very much appreciated (suggested 5-10-15$).
Canadians can send their donation via E-transfer to sacredfire at sacredfiremusic.com after each session.
International donations can be sent to: sacredfire at sacredfiremusic.com after each session
“Drumming with MJ and the group makes me grin for hours afterward!”
— Josie Bennett, participant (Queensland, Australia)
LET'S DRUM TOGETHER ON ZOOM!
Science demonstrates that drumming increases the development of various regions of the brain, including the motor and auditory cortexes. Who doesn't want that?
Drumming also enhances happiness! If you are looking to elevate your mood, raise your immune system, increase your energy and bring Joy into your day, grab a drum, a large plastic water bottle, the nearest pillow with sticks, a leather couch or any percussion instrument and join our Drumming Circles on Zoom!
Since your microphone will be turned off, you can relax into your rhythm and your flow, without worrying about being heard by the group.
In a warm, friendly and non-judgmental atmosphere, you will:
- Explore diverse types of intentional drumming; from meditative to ecstatic!
- Relax and let go of internal dialogue; eliminate tension
- Learn rhythmic, drumming and improvisation basic techniques
- Be encouraged to express yourself with creative impulse
- Acknowledge your possibilities and limits, and be lead to transcend them
- Have fun!
TIP: Afraid of disturbing your neighbors? To drum more quietly with a djembe drum, put a tea towel on top of the skin, and stuff a cloth at the base of the drum. This will allow you to hit your drum vigorously without being heard too loudly.
SUGGESTIONS TO PREPARE FOR YOUR ZOOM DRUMMING CIRCLES
- Download the Zoom app in advance if needed, and familiarize yourself with the platform. Zoom is a user-friendly app, easy to navigate.
- Make sure your speakers or headphones are working.
- You might be asked to stand up during certain sessions. Make sure you can adapt your computer setup so you can see your screen while standing and while sitting.
- Make sure to check your microphone prior to the session. Although your mic will be turned off, you will be encouraged to share your thoughts and feelings, and participate at various levels at times during the sessions, if desired.
- Keep hydrated. Water is your friend during our online sessions!
- Have your percussion instruments ready. Drums, rattles, pots, pans, large empty water bottles... be creative!
- Wear comfy clothes.