MINDFUL DRUMMING WORKSHOPS, LESSONS & COACHING
“This was amazing!! Thank you MJ and Dean. Such an invigoratingly yet soothing experience!”
— Joy (Vancouver Island)
In a warm, friendly and non judgmental atmosphere, you:
* Learn rhythmic, drumming and improvisation basic techniques
* Are encouraged to express yourself with creative impulse
* Acknowledge your possibilities and limits, and are lead to transcend them
* Share, listen, dare
* Have fun!
Science demonstrates that drumming increases the development of various regions of the brain, including the motor and auditory cortexes. Traditionally, hand drumming has been used in many cultures, to help create a conduit to the Divine. Group drumming allows us to experience worship with our bodies as well as our minds, and provides us with demonstrated biological and psycho-social benefits.
While facilitating Mindful Drumming sessions, our unique approach uses the drums as communication and personal expression tools. We are passionate about empowering individuals by guiding them to open up to their highest good.
INDIVIDUAL DRUMMING LESSONS
“Just after 2 lessons I’m feeling more confident and more capable behind the drums. Haven’t tested that in a jam setting yet, but I know I have more tools. That feels good! 💚💥🥁 gracias!!”
— Gerry B. (Vancouver Island, Canada)
INDIVIDUAL DRUMMINg lessons (online & in-person)
Develop your technical hand drumming & rhythmic improvisation skills, using the Djembe drum, frame drums and other percussion instruments.
Relax and let go of internal dialogue. Express yourself with creative impulse. Raise your energy levels. Learn and experience Drumming Meditation to help you attain a state of calm, focus, and clarity.
These individual coaching sessions are tailored to your specific needs, and include:
- Tailored rhythmic experiences to release stress, improve focus, raise your energy and create a sense of peace and harmony
- Drumming exercises to practice coordination, speed, endurance, independence and control (with djembe drums)
- Techniques to create your own practice exercises to improve what you need most
- Improvisation techniques
- Fun, relaxing, rhythmic games
- Exercises to improve your confidence and your stamina
Drum. Energize. Feel empowered. Ignite your Sacred Fire!
Online and in-person Mindful Drumming lessons with MJ Vermette are fully tailored to your needs and objectives, and are open to individuals on the path to awareness, as well as professionals who wish to expand their ability to play percussion to increase their energy, focus and their feeling of joy.