You find a comfortable space, where you feel focused and safe, and will be uninterrupted for the duration of the session.
- At the set meeting time, you call MJ on Skype or Google Hangouts.
- The session starts with a ritual to create sacred space.
- We “tune in” and assess your needs. You might be invited to write down some information.
- MJ guides you with a series of simple exercises (you are given an example; then you experiment the exercise), including:
- Guided relaxation & guided visualization
- Experimenting with the voice, according to Taoist Sound Massage and other ancestral techniques
- Using movement along with sounds
- Guided sound meditation
- Experimenting with instruments depending on your interest, instrument availability and the number of sessions (singing bowls, rattles, bells, rocks, drums, etc.)
- Feedback is encouraged throughout to keep connected in the moment, always adjusting to your needs.
- You leave the session with at least one tool for you to develop at a deeper level for a set period of time and tailored to your need at that time.
- You are invited to send MJ feedback via email a few days after your session, and she remains available to answer any related questions to help you through your process.
MJ also provides coaching for you to learn these tools with the intention of using them in your work and to help friends and family.